Ingredients for 6 servings / tureen mould with 1 L capacity:
- 300 g green asparagus
- 300 g wild garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 150 g crème légère
- 200 g cream
- 10 white gelatine sheets (alternative 15 g powdered gelatine)
- Wash asparagus, peel lower third, removing woody ends; wash, cut into pieces and cook for about 15 minutes in boiling salt water. Remove, rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Peel and finely chop onion, sauté in butter until tender. Wash wild garlic thoroughly, then line a tureen mould, leaving part of the leaves hanging over the edges for the bottom. Add remaining leaves to the onions and steam for 5 minutes until almost no fluid remains in the pan.
- Soak the gelatine in plenty of cold water (alternative: prepare powdered gelatine according to package instructions). Place the wild garlic mixture into a blender with the asparagus and purée until very smooth. Drain gelatine, melt in a small pot over a low heat and fold under the lukewarm vegetable mixture. Briefly blend the mixture once more to ensure that the gelatine is evenly distributed. Place crème légère into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip cream until stiff. As soon as the mixture begins to thicken, fold cream under.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the tureen mould, folding the wild garlic leaves over the mixture. Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Turn out of the mould and serve in slices.
Nutritional values per portion approx.:
- Calories: 190
- Joule: 797
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g